Arkansas Press Association  

Go Back   Arkansas Press Association > Discussion Board > Photography Forum

Old 10-23-09, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Arrow Cover Photo Contest under way

As it has since 2003, the Arkansas Press Association is conducting a contest to determine the cover photo(s) for the 2010 edition of the Arkansas Media Directory. The deadline to submit entries for the cover contest is two weeks from today ... Nov. 6, by 4:00 p.m.

To participate in the competition, newspapers and associate members may email their print resolution photos as attachments to me (tres@arkansaspress.org). If you have any questions email me or give me a call at 501.374.1500.

Those placing first, second and third in the contest will receive checks for $100.00, $50.00 and $25.00, respectively. Photos receiving honorable mentions will be included inside the Directory as space allows. As regular readers of the Directory know, feature photos stand the best chance of winning or placing, while those of accident scenes, fires or individuals tend to not fare as well.

The previous winners of this annual contest are:
  • “Boxley” by James Lemon, El Dorado News-Times (2003);
  • “Lightening” by Scott Smith, De Queen Daily Citizen (2004);
  • “Babe Ruth” by William Harvey, Pine Bluff Commercial (2005);
  • “Little Missouri Falls” by Steve Eddington, Arkansas Farm Bureau, Little Rock (2006);
  • “Evening at City Park Lake” by Randy Moll, Courier-Journal, Gentry (2007);
  • “Grape Festival Ferris Wheel” by Michael Woods, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Little Rock (2008); and
  • “At the Fair” by Larry Singer, El Dorado News-Times (2009).

Finalists will be announced in this forum on December 1, and the top three winners will be unveiled when distribution of the 2010 Directory begins. All three will be featured on the cover of this year’s publication.
Old 11-05-09, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Reminder

This is a reminder that the deadline for entering the Media Directory Cover Photo Contest for the 2010 Edition is 4:00 p.m., tomorrow, November 6. Call me (501.374.1500.x105) or email me (tres@arkansaspress.org) if you have any questions.
Old 11-11-09, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Default Judging begins

Judging of the photographs submitted for the 2010 Directory Cover Photo Contest began today. The finalists (and their photos) will be revealed here exclusively on Dec. 15.

Good luck to all of the contestants!