Arkansas Press Association  

Go Back   Arkansas Press Association > Discussion Board > Circulation Forum

Old 11-13-09, 11:29 AM

Default Floyd recaps ArkLaMiss Conference

The ArkLaMiss conference was a success. There were only 7 vendors, but the list of participants was closer to 50.

Max Heath gave a presentation on growing circulation and reported on postal rule changes. He is a great help to anyone that has issues with their postal delivery. In today’s changing postal system, our newspapers are not getting serviced correctly or promptly in several areas. Max offers assistance on many issues that you may have and keeps everyone informed of rule changes as they happen. In fact, Max helps write some of the rule changes and can offer inside information on the changes and how it benefits our newspapers. On Friday, Max met with participants on a one-on-one basis and answered individual questions. He reviewed my postal statement and made three recommendations to review when I get back home. Two have already paid off in daily savings.

The Hot Ideas breakfast was a great success as many of the participants shared ideas and success stories. As I arrived back in Arkansas I was already going over several things in my mind and ended up with three pages of typed notes afterwards. I will be putting several ideas to the test shortly.

Mike Floyd
Circulation Director
The Sentinel-Record

Tags
circulation, conference